Circuit Clerk's Office
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Where are you located??
- We are located at 210 15th Street in Rock Island, Illinois in the Rock Island County Courthouse; our Traffic office is on the first floor.
- How do I know when my court date is?
- Your court date is located at the bottom of your ticket.
- Can I pay my ticket before my court date?
- Sure, please allow 10-14 days from the date you received your ticket.
- How much is my fine for a traffic violation? And do I have to appear in court?
- If you received a speeding ticket going not more than 20 mph over the speed limit, the cost is $120.00. If you were going 20 to 30 mph over the speed limit, the cost is $140.00. If you were driving over 30 mph, it is a must appear ticket. All other may appear tickets are $120.00, seatbelt tickets are $60.00. If you received multiple tickets, you are required to appear in court.
- What are my options to pay my ticket?
- We accept cash (please have exact change), personal check over #500 or money order. If you would like to pay your $60, $120 or $140 ticket, you may pay online using your credit or debit card at www.illinoisepay.com or go to the Court Payments Online page of our website. You may also drop your check or money order in our drop box, located outside the south side of the courthouse, or mail your payment to the Traffic Division P. O. Box 5230 Rock Island, IL 61201.
- What if I am making a regular monthly payment?
- If you are making a monthly payment, please visit www.GovPayNOW.com , go to the Court Payments Online page of our website or call 888-604-7888 to use your credit or debit card, please reference pay location code 1550. You may also pay by mail using check or money order to the Traffic Division P. O. Box 5230 Rock Island, IL 61201.
- I have a question about the status of my Illinois Drivers License?
- Please call the Secretary of State’s Office; toll free at 1-800-252-8980 or visit the local Dept of Motor Vehicles at 2001 Fifth Street, Suite 10 Silvis, IL 61282, or call 309-796-0934.
- I need to schedule payments to pay off my fine, what do I do?
- You need to see our Payment Hearing officer. His office hours are Monday – Friday 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. If you miss your appointment, you will have to go to court and ask the Judge to see him again.
- Can I look up my fines or court dates online?
- You can go to the Circuit Clerk's home page, click on Court Records Search, enter your name and click search. You can also use one of our public access terminals located on 2nd or 3rd floor of the courthouse to view case information.
- I have a warrant for my arrest, what do I do?
- Please report to court Monday – Friday, from 8:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. or anytime the Judge is available.
Back to top