Information which may be obtained by phone from the Recorder’s Office
- Filing of Corporation Papers in Rock Island County
- Filing of Soldier’s Discharge papers
Information requests NOT available by phone
- Property ownership information
- Property sale prices
- Liens of any kind (or related releases)
- Lot sizes
- Legal descriptions
Information may be obtained by:
- Coming into the office in person
- Sending a request by mail
- Submitting a request by fax
When requesting information by mail:
- Please enclose $5.00 for each copy requested.
- There is no fee for information not requiring copies.
- All requests for legal descriptions must by accompanied by $2.00 to cover the cost of a copy of the latest deed.
When requesting information by fax:
Fax Number (309) 558-3642
If a reply is requested by fax, a $3.00 faxing fee and $1.00 for each page of copy will be charged. This must be paid in advance.
STATE MANDATED STANDARDIZATION OF DOCUMENTS - Effective 01/01/1995
In order to conform to state statute, your document must meet the following criteria:
- Document must be on 8.5 x 11 white paper
- Have a blank 3” x 5” space in the upper right corner of front page.
- Nothing is to be stapled or taped to the document, (i.e., legal description, notary, etc.)
Each document submitted for recording must state:
- Prepared By: (with name and address of preparer)
- Return To: (name and address of person document is to be returned to)
Deeds must also include: Grantee’s Address and Mail Tax Bill To information.
Back to top